Meet M.B. Bakare, MD, FACP, FHM, FCFP (SA)
Dr. M.B. Bakare is a board certified internal medicine physician with over 15 years experience, who grew up in Nigeria. He developed an interest in the medical profession at an early age, due to his mother’s influence who is a retired registered nurse (RN). He attended Obafemi Awolowo University College of Health Sciences Medical School, graduating with a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery degree (MBChB or MD). Following medical training in Nigeria, Dr. Bakare further obtained medical experience and family practice training in South Africa, where he was blessed to meet his wife. Dr. Bakare’s quests for knowledge lead him to Rochester Regional Health, an affiliate of University of Rochester, located in Rochester, NY. During his tenure at Rochester Regional Health, he completed his residency training in Internal Medicine and Primary Care. After becoming Board Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, Dr. Bakare moved to Greensboro, NC in 2005, where he gained continued internal medicine experience at Cone Health and Novant Health networks, in many capacities spanning 12 years of service in the Triad and surrounding communities.
Dr. Bakare and his wife, are delighted to call the Greensboro community “HOME”. They are the proud parents of two beautiful daughters, who are very active at school, church and in the community. Dr. Bakare is a well-rounded, family man, husband and father, who enjoys spending family quality time, traveling and sightseeing.
Honors and Awards
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians, FACP
- Fellow in Hospital Medicine, Society of Hospital Medicine, FHM
- Fellow of the College of Family Practitioners of South Africa, FCFP (SA)
- Greensboro Medical Society
- Greater Greensboro Society of Medicine Alliance
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Association
- College of Family Practitioners of South Africa